Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a portal?
A portal is a gateway that allows you to access several resources like OurVLE, email and SAS (these usually require that you sign in to each separately) by only signing in once.
- What do I do if I forget my password?You can reset your password through the Mona Password Self Service website located at https://id.uwimona.edu.jm/ . You may reset your password by answering a few preselected questions or by doing the email challenge.
NOTE: You must register for the Mona Online Password Self Service before you can use it.
- What is a "portlet"? The pieces or parts of a portal page, such as the news feed, the current weather, or the Web search tool, are referred to by several different terms: portlets, services, channels, tools, etc.
- How do I login to the portal?To login to the portal, you need to have a username and password. These are the same username and password that you use to access the campus network or your OurVLE account.
- What is my username?Your username is your student ID number.
- May I access the portal from off campus?Yes. The portal can be accessed from anywhere off campus. All that is needed is an internet connection.
- Why do I receive a message about secure and non-secure items when I use the Portal? What should I do?Click to acknowledge the message. Some of our portlets pull in information from external sites (RSS feeds / Top Stories, weather, verse of the day, video etc.) and this information is not encrypted. That's what generates the warning